Sunday 13 September 2015

The Autumn Edit: Coats & Jackets

While the weather in the UK has been drab enough these past few weeks to warrant this post for quite some time, now that it's September it finally feels acceptable to begin putting together some Autumn/Winter wishlists. I love coats and jackets, I have far too many already and I still want to add to my collection. When you have to wear them so often, it's worth making sure you have a lot of nice options - after all they do end up concealing most of your outfit anyway! So here are a few that have caught my eye this season.




  1. I love faux fur coats there's just something so glamorous about them. This autumn I'm desperately seeking a jewel toned coat, and the one above from ASOS is beautiful. The combination of the different colours gives some edge to a classic style. I would pair this with an all black outfit and let the coat make a statement.
  2. At the very top of my wishlist is definitely a camel coloured coat, particularly in an oversized boyfriend style. I think this style of coat will be really versatile and go with so many different outfits, both smart and casual. For a rather luxurious offering this shearling look coat from ASOS is simply beautiful, but for a slightly more affordable option this woolen version from Zara is also a great choice. I've seen so many coats like this in stores at the moment so I definitely plan to get my hands on one soon!
  3. Bomber's surged in popularity last year, and they're still having a moment this season too. I love this maroon one from Missguided, the colour is perfect for autumn. This jacket will be so easy to throw on with any outfit and keep things looking casual and cool.
  4. This coat is almost like a combination of the previous three, featuring a fur collar, boyfriend fit, and berry colour. This ASOS coat manages to both be smart and make a statement and is basically everything you could want in your autumn coat.
  5. To me denim and leather jackets will always be effortlessly cool, while I've never seemed to suit leather jackets, this Vintage Levi's denim jacket available from Urban Outfitters is definitely high on my wishlist. The jacket will be perfect for layering, I would throw on a check shirt and/or hoodie underneath it for some extra warmth and a laid back but cool look.
So there you have it, just a few of the coats I'm already lusting after, and I'm sure as the new season continues to flow into stores I'll be adding  many more to my mental wishlist. What coats and jackets are you coveting this season, let me know in the comments!

Jess
x

No comments:

Post a Comment